Course Development Services and Procedures
Instructional Design & Technology (ID&T) wants to make sure all course development needs are supported adequately. To ensure the most efficient and effective support, ID&T provides a range of services.
Option 1 - Total Course Development Support
This option provides full collaborative support for faculty who desire a more controlled development process. Working as a team, faculty meet regularly during course development with an Instructional Designer and Instructional Technologist to develop their course from inception to ready-to-deliver. This option is best for faculty who are new to course development, or simply prefer a guided process.
Option 2 – Range of Support for Course Development Consultation
This option provides the opportunity for the faculty to select those aspects of course development that they want or need consultation and/or support with from ID&T. This option is best for more experienced faculty who desire help with specific elements of their course development, but prefer to guide the development process themselves and work independently.
Step-by-step course development procedures are listed below:
- The school or college conducts pre-work, including:
- Confirming the delivery methods of the course and what term it will be offered.
- Determining what faculty will be involved in the design and development of the course.
- Does faculty have available time to support the course development effort?
- Does faculty have appropriate skill set for course development?
- Point of contact from the school or college submits service request form to ID&T.
- ID&T reviews form.
- For Option 1 request, ID&T notifies point of contact that resources have been allocated or that additional discussion is needed.
For Option 2 request, schedule a meeting with point of contact to identify the nature and scope of the project, and to allocate appropriate resources, or ID and/or IT meets with content authors to determine support needed and then meets with the ID and IT managers to allocate appropriate resources.
Option 3 – No ID&T Support – If this is selected, the only support will be providing a shell in the LMS.
- Reporting will show status of all courses active in the course development process.